Youth Interactive CollaborativeDonate
Youth Interactive integrates entrepreneurship, art, and mentorship to empower teens with the real-life skills needed to succeed in school and beyond.
Social Change Project:
Resurrected By Youth
- A safe meaningful place where they are respected for their contributions and develop mentoring relationships so important to teens.
- An opportunity to have a voice and to be valued as a member of our society
- The respect and responsibility of paid employment that promotes self-esteem and financial accountability.
- Educational experiences and support that encourage academic achievement.
- Students with one to one free tutoring and access to many wrap around services, which helps them graduate
- Being part of YI will help youth on probation by allowing them to earn a wage from their craft and prove that they are on the right path to positive behavior patterns, which will be taken in consideration in their profile assessment.
Youth Interactive is like my home, my second family. Without it I never would have been privileged with the experiences and opportunities I have today. I never thought that I would want to become an entrepreneur when I grew up. I thought I was going to grow up and become an accountant or a nurse — jobs that I wasn’t interested in, but Youth Interactive has shown me that I can be grow up and pursue a career where I can be creative. It’s given me insight into a field that I’ve never considered before and I’m glad it did because now I’m striving to become an entrepreneur and to own my arts store someday.
–Joyce B., student at San Francisco State, Age 20, From SB, currently in SF